Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ramblings....

I must not be too good at this blogging business as I don't seem to keep it up regularly. I love to read other people's blogs, but yet, I never get around to writing in mine. Anyway, it's 1:00 am and I am waiting to get a call from my daughter-in-law that my son has arrived in Switzerland. He is traveling for the next week overseas and I am anxious to know that he arrived safe. Do any of you ever worry and fret until you know that your children have made it safely to their destinations? Now, I know that he is a grown man, but he is still my baby and I want to know that he got there okay!!!! So, since I can't sleep, I decided to jot down some things here. Actually, I sleep very little lately so I guess I could be writing more often. But I am up working into the night usually. I am trying to start my new business and there never seems to be enough time to get everything accomplished. Hopefully, my new website will be up in a couple of weeks. I am frantically trying to get all the pictures taken, downloaded and descriptions written of the heirloom children's clothing that I make. I did not realize that starting a business, even a home-based one like this, would be this overwhelming. Hopefully after all the website issues are completed, things will settle in and I can get back to what I love the best....sewing!!!! I sent the cutest little daygown off to a baby shower today. It was yellow batiste with a little yellow and brown shadow worked giraffe on it. I prayed for the little unborn baby the whole time I was making it. I hope the little gown will be a blessing to the new mother. I love to think about the little babies that I sew for all while I am sewing for them. I ask God to bless them and keep them and hopefully they will be drawn to him at an early age. I pray this for my own grandchildren all the time and I just like to pray for all these other little babies that I sew for too as it seems to make the sewing more personal, even if I don't know the children or their parents. I love to enven put scripture into the hems of the slips of my christening gowns as another blessing to the children. I will be posting pictures of some of these gowns and the slips with the scriptures on the website soon. Children are truly a gift and heritage from the Lord. I just ask God to bless my son tonight as he travels and give him traveling mercies. I will turn this over to my Lord and not be anxious. Maybe I can sleep now.
God's blessings on anyone who reads this....

No comments: