Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's been a long time since I shared anything....

Much water has flowed down the river since the last time I posted here. Life sometimes becomes too busy, too hectic, too complicated to even sit down and absorb it. My physical address has changed as well as my life as I have know it for my 57 years. My husband and I sold our home in Alabama and have moved to Hendersonville, TN. Never had even heard of this place until about a year ago, but we had always considered a move to the Nashville area to be closer to the grandkids. Hubby got a new job here and off we came. It really wasn't quite that easy, many complications along the way, but we are now settled in our new home, new town, and I have left my sweet home Alabama for now. I can't imagine that I will never go back however. There is something there that is just a vital part of my heart. My brother came from Amelia Island, FL for one last visit with me before I moved. We rode the streets and neighborhoods that we grew up in in Huntsville; visited some of our favorite old restaurants, parks, our high school, past our old houses we lived in and one final visit to our parents gravesite. Whew! That was tough, but had to be done. He then drove with me to Tennessee to see my new house and where this part of my journey takes me. He left Alabama many years ago so his advice was to cut ties and start fresh. I am trying. The best part is that hubby and I are exploring new things together and we see our grandchildren every few days now. We absolutely love being a part of their daily lives, having them spend the night with us, taking them to school, going to soccer games. These will all be wonderful new memories, hopefully to shroud the old ones in the recesses of my mind and heart. Adieu sweet Alabama....

No comments: