Thursday, May 17, 2007

Here goes nothing....

My daughter, Erin, talked me into starting this blog today. I'm not really sure how this is going to go, but I will give it a try. I enjoy reading my daughter's blog and several others that I check in on every day or so, but sometimes this seems very nosey that I am peeking into others lives! Now, that's not to say that I don't like a little nosieness here and there. I do enjoy hearing about my daughter's family each day. I can't wait to see pics of those grandchildren each morning when I get to work. (more about them later....)
Other blogs seem to have interesting tidbits of info each day and I'm not sure that I have all that much to offer. Life here is rather hum-drum with me going to work each day, coming home, fixing dinner and then I retreat to my sewing room to work on my sewing projects while hubby, Andy glues his eyeballs to the tv! Exciting, huh? But I will try and give my little reflections of wisdom when they occassionally drift through my gray matter...nothing too earth shaking coming yet! Ha!
Andy and I both are all together nuts about our two grandchildren. Living in Huntsville, AL 100 miles from them, keeps us from daily visits, which is really good for all concerned, but it does allow us to see them at least 2-3 times a month. I don't think I can go longer than a couple of weeks at a time to see them. I don't want to miss out on them growing up. I had the most incredible relationship with my grandparents when I was young and my children spent their toddler and elementary school years living just a few blocks from my parents. I feel strongly about family bonds and how important it is to share in your grandchildren's lives. (Hopefully, just to share and not to interfere too much!) Anyway, I can only imagine that this blog will be mostly about my two sweeties, Collin, age 2-1/2 and Annie Frances 5 months. Just bear with me...I should have titled this blog, Nana's Braggin Rights instead. Luckily, you can click off when you get fed up with my flowing expose on how wonderful, beautiful, smart, and just the cutest kids in the world that my grandkids are!!!!! Well, that's even about all that I can take for one night.

God's blessings on all who read this....

di

No comments: